Bex Mosaic Art

Bex Mosaic Art

About Me

My photo
I am an artist who feels that my art is my life's work. Creating art each day literally feeds my soul. I studied Studio Art at The Museum School of Fine Arts, Boston MA. I have recently discovered that I love to create Mosaic Paintings with paper tiles. My greatest inspiration for my mosaic paintings is the beautiful art nouveau style of art that Alphonse Mucha created.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Day 5 WIP "Street Performers"

Feeling very inspired today as I spent many hours this weekend looking at Vintage Art Nouveau Posters on Pinterest. Pinterest is such an incredible way to keep track of all the things that inspire me. I am so drawn to the style, color, detail and overall beauty of Art Nouveau images. I think for my next piece I'd like to try and replicate one in Mosaic form.

Today I spent a good 7 hours in my studio working on my Mosaic. I finished the girls arm and the Banjo she's holding. Then decided to give her some red hair. I'm really happy with the way it's turning out.
I also made these cool wooden storage platforms to hold my paper tiles. They worked so well today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment